Crysis is a revolutionary FPS series created by Crytek and their focus was to develop a stellar, visually impressive game with a really good story. The entire series is focused around a group of military protagonists that have nano suits. This allows them to access better speed, defense, strength and even cloak as needed. They are facing hostile soldiers including some aliens that were awakened after arriving on our planet a long time ago.
The Crysis Games In Order
- Crysis is the first one and it pits you against a multitude of enemies, while also integrating a really interesting campaign. The original was released in 2007 and many praised it for its visuals and how hard it was to run it on hardware at that time. The game also has a remaster that was released in 2020.
- Crysis Warhead is a spin off, it follows the same events in the original, but from a different perspective.
- Crysis 2 takes place 3 years after the original game. The entire action takes place in New York where the city is infected by a Virus. You play as a marine that almost died and who needs to rescue a scientist.
- Crysis 3 also takes place in New York, but a few decades into the future. Here you have the Prophet who returns to NYC, which is now a nanodome. He is on a mission against the Cell.
- After the third game we had a compilation named the Crysis Trilogy, which included all 3 games. That being said, the trilogy was remastered in 2021 for modern consoles and the previous generation too, alongside PC.
The Best Crysis Game To Play in 2022?
Each one of the Crysis games has its own unique appeal. If you want to play Crysis in 2022, the best thing you can do is to focus on remasters. These bring the game to the next generation, while also solving a variety of bugs and issues.
So if you never played the games, then that is the way to go. You can also buy the remastered games individually if you want.
A lot of people believe that Crysis is the best in the series because it’s the most complex. Based on my experience, this is the title that gives you the utmost immersion and the most engaging gameplay.
Crysis 2 had the best multiplayer out of all, but its campaign was not as memorable. Then you have Crysis 3, which has the best graphics and story. However, if you want to enjoy 3 at its fullest with the story and references, you have to play the other 2.
Answer: It all depends on what you like honestly. Crysis itself was a revolutionary game when it appeared, and the story is very good. So you can’t go wrong if you choose the original. That being said, Crysis 3 is also very impressive, and it adds things like using a bow and other interesting abilities.
That’s why it makes a lot of sense to at least check it out, you are bound to have plenty of fun with it.
It has recently been announced that a new Crysis is underway for 2022, you can see the trailer teaser below